After I write this post, I’m signing off. I’ll be back on Monday, and will write yet another blog post, but this weekend is the hard-core write fest. I have to reach a goal of at least 7,000 words to stay on track for the 21st release date.
How will I do this?
I have already recorded and planned out each chapter for my goal in Scrivener, and have written synopses of every chapter in the notes column. If I spend some of tonight, then most of the day on Saturday and Sunday working, I should be able to reach my goal.
So the weekend marathon begins.
Before I sign off, though, I thought I’d provide some articles I read this week that keep me inspired:
1. Writing on the iPad – Jason Snell writes about why he is writing using the iPad. I suppose I might if I had an iPad.
2. Isaiah Abraham Killed – Writer Isaiah Abraham, an African activist and writer, was killed in front of his home on December 4th. Read some of the African reaction here.
3. Why I Self Publish – Melissa Leong or “Wynne Channing” sold her teen vampire novel through self-publishing it first. Read her story.
4. Self Publish? – Emily Kaiser gives us five benefits and three drawbacks to self-publishing a novel.
5. Psychology of Self Publishing – Douglas Eby writes about his self publishing experience, especially the psychological side of it.
3 thoughts on “The Weekend Marathon…and a Roundup”
I admire you. You are so dedicated and hard working with your writing. A great inspiration to the rest of us writers for sure.
Thank you so much! I’m flattered, but I just do what I do:)